Sunday 9 January 2011

Chic on a Shoestring



Happy New year everyone....let's hope 2011 is going to be fulfilling, kind and creative. It's a while since I've posted, as I've been trying to recover from the end of last year - it was a bit of a tough one. I'm back though and am starting off with an announcement (clears throat and coughs a little..!)...


My first book is being published in May. I was working on it all last year, and didn't want to say too much about it - but now that you can pre-order it on Amazon, I might as well go public! So here it is - CHIC ON A SHOESTRING (published by Kyle Cathie) is stuffed full of vintage-inspired accessories to sew yourself. I've designed over 40 projects to help you get glam on a budget - and they've been beautifully photographed by Claire Richardson and illustrated by Sam Wilson, whose work I first fell in love with a few years ago. You'll hear more about the book as the year progresses - but suffice it to say, I think it's turned out pretty well! Do tell all your friends to order a copy! It'll be £14.99 well spent!

2 comments:

Rebecca Newport said...

Hi Mary Jane! So exciting :) I am sure it will fly off the shelves! From what I saw on the shoot last year I was totally inspired by your projects. Rebecca x

Sally said...

Hi Mary Jane
Love the cover looks fab, will have to add it to my birthday list! Loved your hat course at Hope and Elvis last year, have had lots of comments on the feather headband!
xx