Monday 18 January 2010

Bartering

I bought a little rug/ bedspread during my hols - lovely - cream, textured and glittering with sequins. I was pleased to knock it down to £50 from £130. I felt a bit bad bartering to be honest. As someone who makes things by hand, I know how time and skill should be rewarded, and I didn't want to get away with a ridiculous price (mind you - I don't think that happens these days!). However, I was really pleased to hear that exchanging skills and goods is alive and well in Marrakesh. A friend was offered a Moroccan pouffe for his jacket, and another guy I met traded his hat in part exchange for a carpet. Next time I must bring some titfers of my own!

1 comment:

liliseby said...

Congratulation! You are really talented in bartering! I understand your point of view if you don't feel well in bartering for hand made stuff. But do you know some internet platforms to exchange goods? I can recommend www.barterquest.com. In addition to goods you'll find also services and real estate. Have fun!