Thursday 28 January 2010

Collar necklace combo

Since MAKING my way around Britain for BBC Newsnight, I've become more and more interested in creating things other than hats. Of course hats will always have a special place in my heart, but sometimes you're not in the mood to put something on your head! I've been working on this idea of collar/necklaces for a while, and I made this sample up the other day. The base fabric is an old 60's dress from Deptford market (of course!) and it's trimmed with all sorts of magpie treasures that I've collected over the last few months. I'm doing a simple version as a pack - so people will be able to buy the pack and make up their own collar. This is a more crazy couture version - great fun and not tricky to make - just a bit time-consuming! I'd love to hold a workshop for people to make these. Do you think it might catch on? The great thing about them is you just add them to a T-shirt, jumper or dress - and you've got a completely different outfit. Great for that day to evening transformation!

3 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

I love the idea, great selling them in kits.
I've just set up a new community web site....fancy having a look??
http://www.makedoandmend.info/index.php
Would be great if you could join the fun, sharing tips & advice :)

kwood said...

would love the kit more info when available please

fascinator said...

Thankyou for your comments...good idea for the Make Do and Mend tip-site Joe. The more people we can get on board the better! x