Sunday, 27 March 2011

Odd Swan pic


You know those kitsch fake oil paintings you get in elderly peoples' houses? Well much to my surprise I've suddenly acquired a taste for them. Not all of them obviously - but this one in particular. I spotted it yesterday doing the rounds of my local flea market (which incidentally you should all have heard of by now). There was something about the colours that really appealed - and it reminded me of some languorous swans I saw last Spring on the River Wye in Monmouthshire. I find this picture very tranquil -  so I've hung it in the kitschen (spelling mistake intended) to bring calm to my cooking. At £1.50 it was a very good bargain indeed.

2 comments:

Josie-Mary said...

I love it! What a great find :)

Rihana said...

If you wish to buy puja essentials online and are also looking for hair accessories for young girls, you might want to check out this range from Apna Showroom. Ganga Jal is used in worship and religious rituals, while the brass Kalash is a traditional part of the puja setup. The Rog Nashak Yantra and Vyapar Vriddhi Yantra are products associated with faith and religious beliefs. The 36-piece multicoloured ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
Apna Showroom Gangajal Brass Kalash | Filled from 'Brahma Kund' Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar | Authentic Ganga Jal Lota | 250 ML
Apna Showroom Gangajal Brass Kalash | Filled from 'Brahma Kund' Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar | Authentic Ganga Jal Pooja Lota | 270 ML | Ganga Jal Water for Puja
pack of plastic claw clips for baby girls is convenient for daily use. This description is useful for searches such as buying Ganga Jal, brass Kalash online, puja yantras, and hair clips for baby girls.