Tuesday 16 February 2010

Sewing on the go

Jean-Paul Flintoff is a man with a mission. He's been taking his treadle sewing machine out onto the streets of Britain as part of his quest to get people thinking more about their clothes and where they come from. I was reading his interesting book Through The Eye of A Needle whilst on holiday earlier this year in Morocco. I really recommend it - it's an excellent account of one man's journey to forge links between politics, religion and haberdashery. I was half way through Jean-Paul's journey, so it seemed apt that I should stumble upon this guy in the picture. He'd set up amongst the rag-traders at the souk in Marrakesh and was stitching away in the corner. I lacked the language skills to ask him exactly what he was doing...but I loved his laid-back look!

No comments: